Wednesday, March 31, 2010

three years.

Lois Ann Grubbs
June 9, 1935- March 31, 2007






[Dear Memaw, I have to continually remind myself that God had a plan and a reason for taking you when He did. You were suffering and He knew it was time for you to be home with Him. I wonder if He told you that I ran a 5k last weekend. Grandaddy came out and watched me, all bundled up in his coat and Wildcats hat. Ma and Nini cried when I crossed the finish-line. I trained a bit in the cemetery beforehand. It felt like you were with me. I bet you're dancing around the kitchen of heaven humming a little tune right now. I love you. I love you. I love you. I miss you like crazy. Thank you for loving me in a way that only you could. Thank you for constantly lifting me up before the Lord. I would not be where I am today without you.]

3 comments:

  1. The following is the twenty minute long conversation I had with Mammaw in my car this morning that made me late for work...

    Mammaw,

    I love you. I can't believe it's been 3 years since you went to Heaven. I'm so happy that you were able to get away from all the pain and suffering, but we miss you here terribly. Sometimes I feel like I can hear you laughing about things right along with me. I will always long you, and continute to miss you every day. I wonder sometimes if you're up in heaven having lunch with my Grandma Carol. Or if maybe you're able to see what we are up to now and again. I hope you are able to. I miss you so much. I feel like I blinked and three years went by. I will always love you, and I will miss you forever. You should come to me in my dreams more often..That would be a nice treat Mammaw.. I love you
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. and ps- I love love love you Jessi and am so proud of you for running in the 5k last week!!!! That's sooo awesome! You are amazing! Can't wait to see you next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete