Friday, March 19, 2010

that dirty dog.

I bought a bunch of yogurt the other day at S(p)am's Club to go along with my granola for lunches at work. (Yay for pre-packaged portions, no dishes to wash, 0% fat and only 80 calories!)
I hadn't tried the peach or blueberry variety until after I bought it. Peach is definitely not my favorite, but the blueberry is just as good as the strawberry. No matter. I take a cup of yogurt each day, choosing the next flavor in the rotation (peach, blueberry, strawberry, peach, blueberry, strawberry...). I push through the peach day knowing that the blueberry day will be better and the strawberry day is right around the corner. Or will it?! Probably not. Wait. Why?...because I have a dirty dog for a weasel-y brother.

This boy gets home tonight at 11:30pm after traipsing around in the woods all day with a friend. He was especially tired and hungry. I went into the living room to say hello before going to bed and I see him eating a cup of yogurt and granola. (Ok. I can handle that.) I look closer. STRAWBERRY. (This wouldn't be so alarming if I hadn't seen him eat a cup of strawberry yogurt with my granola the night before...he should be eating a peach or a blueberry...and the scarcity of the granola... I won't even go there...Ok. I'll just say that I have stockpiled 24 boxes of this elusive granola and hidden them away from the rest of Newport News...it's that good...but I digress.) I immediately go to the fridge to count my cups of yogurt. Exactly what I thought. ONE strawberry left and 4 of each of the blueberry and the peach.

After attempting to convince my brother and Ma of the importance of following the rotation of the yogurts, Hosh protests that he's too tired to talk about it and pretends to snooze on the couch. (I know his tricks, so...) I immediately sit on top of him. "Hosh! You can't just eat the strawberry yogurt." "Ok, Jess. I'll have the blueberry ones too."

Oh good golly! Does anyone have any respect for the yogurt rotation?! Have a peach!!!
Ay caramba.


1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha...

    If I were there, I would totally go in on the price of the uber-yogurt and take the peach of your hands.

    ReplyDelete