Thursday, February 4, 2010

goodbye, sweet beard.

[This post could also be entitled "Look But Don't Lust" for some of my blogger buddies who will remain nameless.]

This is my brother, Hosh.
He has blue eyes and a red beard.
He is 20 years old and the drummer for Westbound.
He recently built a bouldering wall in the game-room in our backyard.
And I love him.

He texted me the other day and said that it was sometimes hard to look about ten years older than he actually is, and I knew immediately what that meant.

It was time to say goodbye to the beard.
I asked Hosh if he would wait until I got home from work to do the awful deed so I could document the process. So, here we go...



(This is the part where I get a little watery in the eyes.)

(If you look in the right corner of this picture, you'll see that I wasn't the only one documenting this extravaganza. Hosh called his good friend, J-Land, to come over as well.)





I begged Hosh to leave the stache, but he wouldn't do it.

...and there you go. It's all gone.

I salute you, Hosh, for being able to grow such an awesome beard.

Please, grow one again soon. You're an inspiration to a lot of people (and not just because of the beard). I love you, Bub.

<3

3 comments:

  1. Hahahaha... see... I don't know why you got watery when the beard left. I get more nervous when the beard gets too close to me. Never mind when the beard got in my mouth that one time. And... now I'm gagging in my office.

    Anyway, nice to see sweet boy's face again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally am just so glad you did not stop mid-way of that process. You look good Josh!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jecca, why do you love beards and "just staches" so much?

    Also, I couldn't grow a beard of that magnitude if my life depended on it. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete