Sunday, February 21, 2010

Twenty-Three before Twenty-Four: TWO.

Number two on my list of "significant things" actually ended up being two hats inspired by a post on Elsie's blog. I am currently following several crafty blogs, and Elsie's is probably my favorite. When I saw her DIY post a couple weeks ago, it looked like a great project to work on in the airport on my journey to see my loves in Filth-a-delphia this past weekend (...and it was).


The project is very simple. Knit (or crochet) a rectangle. Fold the piece in half and sew up one of the sides. Add some sort of strings (braided, crocheted, knotted, etc.) and a pom-pom (if desired).
I had never made a pom-pom before today, but it wasn't hard at all. I loosely followed this tutorial. The hardest part was attaching the pom-pom securely to the top of the finished hat. As you can see in the picture below, mine turned out a little lopsided but I think it adds character. =)
(Hellooooo, Rattie.)

This is not an optical illusion. I am indeed wearing a tank-top outside. It was a beautiful day today (...but has since gotten cooler and I've added my usual sweatshirt).

I finished the first hat this weekend while I was at PBU, and it was (surprisingly) met with ridicule and repugnance. I was shocked! (Let the haters hate.) HOWEVER, Barley loved (?...liked?) it and kept it.
Barley and I are currently in a debate as to whose hat is cooler. He thinks his is cooler, and of course, I think mine is cooler.

I guess it's up to you, bloggy buds. Whose hat do you think is cooler?
=)

***Be on the lookout for another Week of Wardrobe coming this Saturday! Woot woot!***

2 comments: