Saturday, January 23, 2010

a week of wardrobe.

Welcome to the first edition of "A Week of Wardrobe"!

This week, I attempted to document my outfits in hopes of stumbling upon some interesting bloggable bits. I guess we'll see how this goes over, and then we can decide if "A Week of Wardrobe" deserves more editions in the future or if we needn't bother.

.:.:.Sunday.:.:.
(photos courtesy of Hosh)

sweater: Hosh's closet, dress: Plato's Closet, tank: Target clearance , belt/string: Goodwill- Yardley, PA (it came on a dress of the same color), boots: Minnetonka(!), lunch: Starbucks- Venti White Mocha Frappuccino Light + 2 shots of espresso + 2 scoops of protein.
There aren't many fans of my Minnetonka's, but I especially felt the hate at school. Now that I'm back home in the somewhat-South, I feel able to wear the Minnetonka's a little more freely...and I do.

.:.:.Monday.:.:.
(photo courtesy of Hosh)

I was off of work today because of Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Woot woot!!! This meant no work-wear... and better yet, NO HOSE!!!! (Death to hose. I hate them!)

man's button-up: Sunday Morning Breakfast Thrift Store- Langhorne, PA, belt/string: Goodwill- Yardley, PA (I love it, and I wear it with everything.), leggings: Target clearance, Toms shoes: Christmas present from Hosh, North Face Windwall jacket: Hosh's closet

SIDE NOTE: As you can see from the picture above, the rock-wall in the game-room is coming along quite nicely. My skills on the rock-wall, however,are not on the same level. In due time, I'm sure they'll come along, but I'm currently frying the 5k fish (and that's a pretty big one for me).

.:.:.Tuesday.:.:.
(second photo courtesy of Pop)

I attempted to take my own picture on Tuesday because Hosh had band practice, but it was way too dark and grainy. Oy.

Pop to the rescue!!!
(He had me laughing pretty hard, thus the squinty eyes.)
dress: Old Navy clearance, shrug: Dress Barn (gift from Ma), tights: Wal-Mart, scarf: weird store in Bar Harbor, ME (gift from Ma), shoes: Dansko-shoe store in Lenox, MA

I was back to work today, and I felt like wearing all black with just a bit of color. This outfit makes me feel foreign for some reason. =) These shoes fall in the same category as the Minnetonka's... Hated by others, Loved by Me. They are the most comfortable shoe you could ever own. I would swear by them, if I did that sort of thing. ;) (Let the haters hate.)

.:.:.Wednesday.:.:.
(second photo courtesy of Hosh)

This wasn't a very good day for a photo. Work over in Suffolk meant a couple hours in the car today, about 5 minutes at home to grab dinner and then off to church right away. I tried to take my own picture again and, although the lighting was better than Tuesday's attempt, it still wasn't great.

sweater: Gap, white T: Old Navy, skirt: hand-me-down, hose: Wal-Mart (Death to hose!), shoes: Dansko-Lenox, MA, scarf: Old Navy (birthday/graduation gift this year from Regs)
Here's to hoping this outfit looked a little better in real-life than in these photos. I certainly appear to be a little crunked.

Today at work, my head teller asked me if I worked out, as I was walking away from her to go image my checks. I turned around and said, "Yes. Why?". She looked down at my hosiery-encased calves and simply said, "Your legs." I just smiled and continued on my trek to the imager.

.:.:.Thursday.:.:.
(self-timer photos)

I had to be up extra early this morning for a product knowledge certification test downtown. After I passed :], I was sent to my 'home' branch for the day, which made me (and the rest of the branch) extremely happy. When the branch manager saw me, he said, "Welcome back, Dot!" =)

polka-dot jacket: dress barn, white T: Old Navy, black pinstripe pants: thrift store (?), Dansko shoes: Lenox, MA

Arizona State T: Dollar Store in Tuba City, AZ, shorts/spandex: Under Armour- Dick's Sporting Goods, shoes: Asics, socks: Tommy Hilfiger (Mamba left them in

After work, I came home and changed quickly to go running with Regs. Poor thing was stuck in traffic for 25 minutes (a trip that usually takes 5) on her way to my house. These are Regan's and my best 'excited-to-run' poses. And let me just say, it's a good thing we took a picture before we ran. Oy.

.:.:.Friday.:.:.
(self-timer photo)

shirt: BayPort Credit Union, grey tank: American Eagle, khaki pants: Target clearance, Dansko shoes

This outfit was 'bruise-tastic'. I accidentally turned off my alarm when it went of at 7:15 on this morning and miraculously shot out of bed at 8:20. Eek!!! Since I didn't have much time to shower/eat/pack a lunch/choose an outfit, etc., I ended up wearing all the colors of a wonderful bruise. Yum! Not my best work, bloggy buds. My apologies.

(I also got a haircut tonight. Woot woot!)

.:.:.Saturday.:.:.
(photos courtesy of Ma)


grey hoodie: Wal-Mart, skinny jeans: Wal-Mart, black Panthers T: Goodwill- Phoenix, AZ, Vans tennies: Plato's Closet,

Ma and I went to Phoebus today to look for some furniture for my new room. We were unsuccessful in the furniture department, but I found some super-cool decorations at Return Engagements. I might blog about some thrifty finds soon.

Soooo...there you have it--a week of Jecca's wardrobe! I hope you enjoyed it, because I know I did. I had several good laughs at myself during this little experiment, and I hope all you bloggy buddies got a couple from this post as well.

Lerv to the max.

3 comments:

  1. I like the week of wardrobe! Sunday and Tuesday were my favorites :] I envy your fashion sense. I can't put together outfits to save my life lol
    <3 Kyden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this a lot. You know I cringed at the leggings-as-pants, but you do you, Jessica. : )

    Also... all the outfits are super cute, but when I saw the pink sweater/yellow scarf one I thought, "Hey! How'd she get my scarf?!" Then... very quickly... nevah mine...

    ReplyDelete