Tuesday, January 5, 2010

i've got a crush.


Oh sweet, sweet mercy.



I'm slightly in love with Washington Irving, and I don't care who knows it.

He speaks to my heart:

"There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love."

If I had not just come out of a three week crying spree, I might not have appreciated this as much. But I did. And I do.

Dearest Washington,
Please consider being my boo. I think we'd make a great pair. You could write me things and I'd oogle over all of them. (I know that you died in 1859. That doesn't really bother me, because I think they've almost got that time travel perfected.)
With all my lerv,
Jecca

2 comments:

  1. hahaha... I won a book scholarship by writing an essay about my three great loves, Shakespeare, Kafka, and... oh man, somebody's gonna be pissed. : /

    ReplyDelete