Tuesday, January 19, 2010

this is wrong.

I see this every Tuesday and Wednesday on my way to work in Suffolk, and I don't like it.

I understand that business owners decide to spell the names of their businesses incorrectly on purpose, because it gets potential customers to do a double-take. It's an interesting marketing strategy, but it works (i.e.- Toys 'R' Us also with a backwards R, Krispy Kreme, Chick-fil-A, In-N-Out Burger, Kraft, etc.).

Why couldn't the owners of this little establishment just spell 'country' with a K? Did they have to drop the O too? Since they did drop the O, I am a little glad they changed the C to a K...but I'm still not a fan.

That is all.

4 comments:

  1. I am also OCD when it comes to spelling & grammar. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha. This literally made me laugh out loud. I just think about that night in your apartment when Carl was torturing you with words. Lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over cill.
    (get it?)


    Also, Toys R We.
    I hate that place for it's grammar.

    ReplyDelete