Monday, May 31, 2010

craft collaboration.

One day on my lunch break at work, I came up with the idea of a craft collaboration/swap. I immediately texted Ham and asked if he would be interested in the idea. The premise of the swap was to pick a theme and a deadline. Each person would use whatever medium to make whatever they chose to represent the theme. This left all kinds of room for personal preference and creative license. After much deliberation (?), Ham chose the theme "squirrel". We set the deadline, we pushed the deadline back a bit and we pushed the deadline back again. Finally, the day came for the swap. I hand-delivered this little beauty to Ham in PA.





His hands had snaps on them which snapped onto a coffee cup and a heart that I also made. This little critter has endured some cruel criticism from some of my co-workers during its creation. One co-worker claimed that squirrels were not grey. Oh mercy, Thanks T for clearing this up. Another co-worker repeatedly called him a "squabbit" because it looked more like a rabbit than a squirrel. Regardless of the criticism, Squirrelly slowly but surely came to life. (Ham might have named him something else... I just called him Squirrelly.)

You might be wondering about Ham's part of the swap...well, you'll have to keep wondering. I'll post his half soon. =)

I'm open to more crafty collaboration/swaps. Let me know if you're interested. I won't be able to do more than one at a time, but I doubt I'll get that much feedback.

Lerv to you, bloggy buds.
Happy almost-June and happy crafting!
jec


No comments:

Post a Comment